Data Protection Regulations
The new Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into effect on 25 May 2018.
Action Plan for 2020/21
The council has agreed an action plan for the coming year. This is not an exhaustive list and will be added to over the coming year.
Publication Scheme and Information available
The Publication Scheme document commits the council to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities.
Information available under the Publication Scheme is listed here. The council will make the information listed available unless:-
– it does not hold the information
– the information is exempt under one of the FOIA exemptions or Environmental Information Regulations exceptions, or its release is prohibited by another statute
– the information is readily and publicly available from an external website; such information may have been provided by the council or on its behalf. The council must provide a direct link to that information
– the information is archived, out of date or otherwise inaccessible: or,
– it would be impractical or resource-intensive to prepare the material for routine release
Beccles Town Council strives to provide a high standard of service to the public. In the interests of openness and the desire to seek continuous improvement, the council encourages anyone who feels dissatisfied with the service provided to bring this to the attention of the council.
Beccles Town Council and the Beccles Fenland Charity Trust have adopted this code regarding drones being flown on council and trust lands.
Local Government Transparency Code 2015
Under the above code, the council is required to meet the requirements for Larger Councils as its gross expenditure exceeds £200k. It is therefore required to publish the following information:-
Expenditure Exceeding £500
This information is published monthly and a schedule is included with the town council minutes at the meeting at which the schedule was approved. The minutes can be found here
There were no invitations to tender or contracts over £5,000 that the council entered into for the quarter ending 31 December 2019
Local Authority Land
Grants to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Organisations